You're using the wrong option.

Register globals is for the auto-creation of variables passed through GET, POST, etc.

What you want is register_long_vars (or something like that, long variables, long arrays...)

Chris

Rodney Courtis wrote:
Hi
I have installed php v5 on a windowsXP PC. Server is Apache 2.2.
Even though I have turned register globals on in the ini file, the php is still
not allowing the use of $HTTP_GET_VARS (and probably other similier variables),
and I am having to change my existing script to $_GET before they will run.

Any idea why the directive is being ignored?
Rodney Courtis