Hi Kristen:

> I'm jumping in here late, so I haven't seen previous posts.  Another
> possible place I have seen limiting post/upload sizes:
>
> There is an Apache directive called LimitRequestSize or somesuch which
will
> take precedence (silently) over any PHP max post size you set.  I found
this
> set once before in an <apache_root>/conf.d/php.conf file that I eventually
> found.

    I just conducted another test of my process, this time not even creating
the SQL INSERT string in the program, but just trying to read every record
from the input file and just writing a count of records to the file.  It
worked, much to my surprise and pleasure.  But then, when I put back the
code to build the string, it timed out again.

    I'm starting to believe that I'm either using up some resource that
isn't being released, or that the directive you mentioned, LimitRequestSize,
is being trounced upon.  Any ideas on how to find out the value currently
set for this directive?  Or how I can override it?  Can I override it within
my own .htaccess file?

    Thanks for the suggestion!

    Jon