> Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:39:19 -0800
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: php-general@lists.php.net
> Subject: [PHP] Newbie question - current date - time
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> Newbie question :
>
> - how do I get and display the current date?
> - how do I get and display the current time?
>
> I see the getdate function - but I'm not sure if this is the right function
> or how to display it....
>
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.getdate.php
>
> --
> Thanks - RevDave
> Cool @ hosting4days . com
> [db-lists]

You know?  I was going to chime in and blast the guy who posted "PHP Developers
and the manual", who I think intimidated the next guy who asked if there is a
newbie forum.

But dude, there are many ways to skin a cat.  You posted 1 method and if you
read that link and scrolled down, you would see comments by users with actual
code and their experiences with this function.  If their comments were not
applicable, you could return to the "See Also" area mentioning date() and
time().

For my first PHP job, I told my prospective employer that I didn't have any
on-the-job experience with PHP, (but had other languages practiced and
certified professionally), and if I would have access to the php.net website, I
would have all I needed.  That was 5 years ago and I only subscribed to this
general list a few months ago when my admin couldn't explain why my working
code stopped working (and he claimed he didn't make any change, but it turns
out he had).  However, I was on the PHP-DB list that first year.

Enough about me.  I never thought I'd say this in earnest...
RTFM

Have I become like who I've despised?