At 11:46 AM +0900 11/27/07, David Christopher Zentgraf wrote:
Hi,

I want to offer visitors of my site the possibility of downloading printable, foldable pocket guides for certain things that come out of my database. The problem is that items will be entered into the database very frequently, so I need to automate the process of creating these guides. Since they're supposed to work like flyers, with a proper front and back etc, the layout will need to be very strict and adhere to a template. I was thinking about PDFs, since they should keep their layout in print no matter what. But how would I create PDFs from a template on the fly using PHP?
Or is HTML with a special print style sheet the better solution?

Anybody have any experience?

Chrs,
Dav

Dav:

It can be done, check this out:

http://webbytedd.com/bb/pdf/

I created this by using:

http://www.fpdf.org/

You could just as easily pull it from a dB.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------