At 8:56 AM +0100 11/29/07, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Looks for me a bit like a philosophical question, but maybe you have
something to say about it nevertheless. A good thing for me would be
something like: up to 125 lines of code you get an adequate performance with
simply parsing it every time, with more than 125 lines you would get a
better performance with using separate files - just kidding, surely the
number of lines in this case is 42 ;-).

Looking forward to your answers
Thomas

Thomas:

I seldom find that performance is adversely affected by good structure. So, I strive for good structure.

To me, good structure starts at the function level. Like the lattice of a crystal, coding grows and reflects the most basic element. Keep that element consistent and you'll find that it will be reflected in everything you do.

How's that for philosophical?

Cheers,

tedd

--