On Thu, December 13, 2007 6:36 am, Dani Castaños wrote:

> I've read a bit about PHP session timeout. Is it configurable?? I
> mean,
> If i want user logged out after 10 minutes of innactivity... where i
> can
> to set it up?? Is it possible to expire session configuring php.ini.
> I know i will have to write code to do whatever when the session
> expires...

You CAN and it's done with session_set_cookie_parameters or in php.ini...

But keep in mind that session timeout relies on the SERVER and the
CLIENT both having their clocks set correctly.

One would hope that one's server has the correct time, but there's
really not much bank in relying on end user computers to have the
corret time.

So if the time of the logging out really matters, store their last
usage time in their $_SESSION or in a cookie or something and do your
own date-time calculations, completely independent of the client or
even server datetime setting.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?