On Sunday 20 May 2001 19:39, Jaime Torres wrote:

> I've been blocked by this tiny problem...
>
> I have a main.php file:
>
> <?
> $frames = true;
> $open = "http://myserver.com/info.html";;
> if ($frames)
> {
>     include ("frameset.php");
> }
> ?>
>
> The frameset.php looks like (omitting almost all the HTML):
> <frameset rows="100,*" border="0">
>     <frame src="onlineview.php3">
>     <frame src="footer.html">
> </frameset>
>
> In the onlineview.php file I need to use the $open URL defined before,
> but it isn't defined here. What am I doing wrong? How can I get $open's
> value from this file?

(1) $open is defined in frameset.php
(2) frameset.php outputs a HTML page with the frameset definition
(3) when the browser receives this, it issues two new requests, one for
"onlineview.php3" and one for "footer.html"

So you don't *include* onlineview.php3, you just reference it in the HTML
code.

do a
     <frame src="onlineview.php3?open=<?= rawurlencode ($open) ?>">
instead (i.e. pass $open as parameter to onlineview.php3).

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

Those who will not reason, are bigots,
those who cannot, are fools,
and those who dare not, are slaves.

- George Gordon Noel Byron (1788-1824), [Lord Byron]