At 3:37 PM -0800 1/5/08, Brady Mitchell wrote:
On Jan 5, 2008, at 639AM, A.smith wrote:
 I'm having a problem getting .phtml files to display in a web browser. I
can successfully display a test.php page as per PHP install instructions but
the phtml files show up blank
(in firefox or IE).

A blank page often means that there's an error of some kind, but error reporting is turned off.

Put the following code in the file that's giving you problems to turn on errors, then reload the file in your browser to see what you get:

ini_set('display_errors',1);

Brady

Yes, but even then you can get a blank page -- it depends upon the type of error.

I would start with commenting everything out, and then un-commenting statements in steps until the error(s) cause a blank page. Fix the errors and try again.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------