On Jan 10, 2008 6:09 PM, Ryan H. Madison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Done several times in several different ways. - Same result in the
> phpinfo.php output.
>
> $ sudo apachectl graceful
> $ sudo apachectl stop
> $ sudo apachectl start
> $ sudo service httpd restart
> Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
> Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
> $ sudo service httpd stop
> Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
> $ sudo service httpd start
> Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]

    Make sure, first of all, that the file is named php.ini, not
php.init.  I'm sure that was just a typo, but just in case it wasn't,
I thought I'd address it.

    Since you've already tried restarting Apache, chances are that the
php.ini file is not being expected where you're writing it.  If you
have Zend Optimizer installed, that's probably the exact reason.  If
so, try this:

    <? phpinfo(); ?>

    Read the "Loaded Configuration File" part.  That will tell you
where PHP is loading the php.ini file from, or what it expects the
name to be.  Modify that file, restart Apache with:
        sudo service httpd stop
        sudo service httpd startssl

    And you should be good to go.

    P.S. - The 'startssl' tag was thrown in to remind you to start
your SSL services.  If you don't want them, just do:
        sudo service httpd restart

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek and #1 Rated "Year's Coolest Guy" By Self Since 1979.