Dave M G wrote:
Per Jessen,

Thank you for responding.

Might this be a name-server issue?

Maybe, but I don't think so. The reason I suspect that is not the case is because I can go first to a .html page on the server, and it loads up quickly. Then I go to one of my .php pages, and the slowdown occurs.

If it were a name server issue, I would expect the slowdown to happen regardless of which page I load first.

So, I guess to be more specific, the slowdown happens the first time I load one of my PHP scripts on this site, not the first time I access the site.

And what does the script do? Connect to a database? Ping a server? "X"? :)

If it's connect to a database, does it use the 'name' of the server or the ip address or is it localhost?

Does it do lots of queries?

Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/