OP didn't ask for the "best search tool".

Back to the horror of cron jobs to updatedb (or were you being
sarcastic?) :-)

I am familiar with using (s)locate to find files by name etc...  But I
haven't seen how to index and search file contents.  man is no help and
I didn't get any google love either.  This would indeed be cool.

-Shawn