At the request of a supervisor who only programs in Java, I installed
JavaBridge on an intranet web server running Apache 2.0.59 and PHP 5.1.6,
and we've gotten a few PHP/Java applications up and running.

Problem is, unless I'm having a senior moment, they only work if a user is
logged into the server. Some Googling suggests that since Java, or the Java
Virtual Machine, is not a service on Windows, it goes away when you log out,
so there is nothing for the bridge connect to.

Is this a reasonable understanding of the problem? Is there a solution other
than keeping 'some' user logged in and the machine behind a locked door?

I do manage some CentOS web servers here, but the IS guys really want me to
use only RPM installs of PHP, and the Java module is not present as far as I
can see.

--

-David.

When the power of love