Daniel Brown wrote:
    Jocularity aside, DNS was invented in 1983 (shortly after TCP/IP),
whereas the WorldWide Web was first "invented" in 1990.  However, if

1989 actually.

you remember ENQUIRE (on ARPANET), which was created by Tom
Berners-Lee (I had to look up his name, I couldn't remember it), the

That would be Tim. In fact it's Sir Tim if you want to be pedantic.

same guy who went on to create the Web, you may remember it existed
before DNS.  So essentially, even though it wasn't yet known as the
WorldWide Web, a form of it did exist before the Domain Name System.

"A form" of the web existing long before that depending on your definition of the web. To me it's a way for people to share information. That would cover the BBS world which pre-dates LANs by some distance.

Anyhoo, back to work.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/