There are lots out there and the free ones like PHP Nuke (perhaps the grand
daddy of em all) have all suffered from security issues.  The price is free
(http://www.phpnuke.org), but the risk is that because hackers can get the
same free source, they can identify weeknesses and exploit them, making
themselves seem to be more clever than they really are (Hacking is an ego
trip I think, and what seems like a shortcut to coding fame, in a world
where hard work is considered for suckers).

Many of the original really bad exploits have been resolved, but a few
remain.  Sites that allow anyone to register, and then post content, like
comments on articles or actual articles, is a gold mine to SEO mavins, and
you will find content being posted with comments containing site reference
pointers to porn sites designed to improve search engine rankings of these
same sites.  If you don't want to deal with this, you want to stay away from
community sites, or find some way to make the communities very private.

My 2 cents,

Warren Vail