Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm trying to automate the
download of a pdf file using PHP3.

What I want to achieve is when a download button is clicked I update a
simple DB and start the download.

The problem I'm getting is that in Browsers with the Acrobat Reader
installed the PDF is obvioulsy launched into the browser. This happens even
if I use fopen with the ftp address - this happens will all MIME types with
an associated executable. I need to launch the download dialogue regardless
of MIME type.

Thanks in advance,

Lee