Daniel Brown wrote:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Robert Cummings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 16:38 -0500, Keikonium wrote:
 > Thank you again Robert, and thank you too Daniel. I have gotten both methods
 > to work flawlessly so far :). I am slowly learning by trial and error here,
 > but sometimes a little push in the right direction does some good ^_^.

 Nothing against Dan, but you should use my version if this is coming
 from browser submitted data. Dan's presumes unix lines endings which
 won't always be the case.

    Well, actually, my code will still split it properly (the \n is
still at the end), but the \r will become part of the string.  Then,
when it's modified and passed back with the \n appended, it is redone
as \r\n.

    In any case, as I already said in a previous message, I still
agree.  Use Rob's code.

And what happens if someone uses a(n old) Mac? Where it's just \r (no \n at all) :)

- Tul