On 20 May 2001 10:17:29 -0700 impersonator of [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Alok K.
Dhir") planted &I saw in php.general:

>The best open source search engines I've seen/used are:
>
>       ASPSeek http://www.aspseek.org
>       Mnogoseach      http://mnogosearch.org/
>       ht://dig                http://www.htdig.org
>
>I've found that I prefer ASPseek to both mnogo and htdig...

Interesting tool, according to their description, especialy, in regard to
indexing abilities and ideas. (Although, I couldn't find description in
detiles, unlike Mnogo, which explains stuff). And some stuff there
(searching part) is  inferior to mine - although, of course - mine is not
nearly as universal, and will no became such in the nearest futer, nor
will it support databases. But for local-site-oriented indexes - the
simplicity with out too much extras could be a plus. (And outside indexing
is being developed also) It can produce data for searches right now as
well (by_links and as a test). If someone is interested the url is:
http://leo.portland.co.uk/outsource.shtml  LeoNid.