On 4 Mar 2008, at 14:05, Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
Stut mentioned a little while back that he avoids using the built-in
session
mechanism if at all possible, but still manages to track user state ...
now I can think of a way or two that he might do that but I was
wondering if
any one could give an idea about the write way to do it in terms of
high performance :-)
[/snip]

User state without sessions? This should be interesting....

That's not quite what I or Jochem said. What I do is basically a session system but it keeps the session data in encrypted cookies rather than using a server-side solution. I'm working on an article for my website that describes exactly how I'm doing it and what the issues are but it's not ready yet. I'll let the list know when it's done.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/