select result,count(*) as cnt from table group by result order by cnt desc ;

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 10:02 PM
Subject: [PHP] select the most repeated value in a field

Hi people
How do i query to select the most repeated values in a field, say if I hacve
list of values as a,b,c,d,e to be submitted to a field call "result" in a
table. And I want to know which value appear most in that "result" field
amoung all records.
cheers
Jack
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"There is nothing more rewarding than reaching the goal you've set for
yourself"