I want a framework I can plug a microphone in, and talk to it, and it does the
job for me (really, I need it). But I guess we are far away from that.

If you need REAL RAD ("a la Delphi"), use VCL for PHP... you'll still have to
write the event handlers (you can't save yourself from coding) and you will have
to stick with Codegear (you are of those who pay for software, right?).

If you are looking for a flexible PHP 5 framework, where each component is more
or less independent of the others, try the Zend Framework.

If you want a lot of features bundled into a big and fat box, and you need PHP 4
support, use CakePHP. Even the way you name database tables will be affected,
but if you eat a piece of the cake you are likely to want it all anyway.

If you want a flexible and easy to use PHP 4 and PHP 5 framework and you are
willing to wait more than six months for each minor release, you can use
CodeIgniter.

If you are rich, you can pay us (the PHP-list members) to build one for you :D.
It will be a complete disaster because we'll never agree on the features, but
you'll entertain yourself with our discussions for months.

If your IQ is greater than 150 you can try writing your own.

Otherwise, ask Robert Cummings or Manuel Lemos.

Regards,

Rob

Andrés Robinet | Lead Developer | BESTPLACE CORPORATION
5100 Bayview Drive 206, Royal Lauderdale Landings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 |
TEL 954-607-4296 | FAX 954-337-2695 |
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | MSN Chat: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  SKYPE: bestplace |
 Web: bestplace.biz  | Web: seo-diy.com