For example "mysql_connect" reprted automatically the
error but in the manual
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-connect.php
 all they give as information is the return: "Returns
a MySQL link identifier on success, or FALSE on
failure.", where can i see if it throws an error, and
when you say throwing do you mean that i can catch the
error without throwing it myself?