Yes, let me try to say more about exactly what I'm trying to do. I have a php script running in a browser window (opened specifically for this purpose) in which the user keys a blog item, then hits 'submit.' After this script has successfully added the new blog item to the database, what I'd like to do is automatically close this window, and pass control to the php script that displays the updated list of blog items (with of course the newly added blog item) in the original browser window (the window the user was looking at when s/he clicked on the 'Add a blog' link).
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Im not sure I understand the question.

Pass control from index.php to welcome.php ???

index.php : <? echo "<form action=welcome.php method=post><input type=hidden name=tagme
value=yes><input type=submit value='Continue'></form>"; ?>

welcome.php <? if($_POST['tagme'] == "yes"){
echo "Congrats you are there";}ELSE{echo "You failed";}
?>

That kind of pass control?

Hello. I am new to php programming, but have spent many years programming in many other languages, most recently perl (with which php seems to have much in common!). In every other language I've worked with there is a way for one program to pass control to another. However, so far in all of the books and other documentation I've looked at for php, I cannot find a way for one php program to pass control to another. Is this possible in php, and, if so, please let me know how. Thank you.

Rod Clay
[EMAIL PROTECTED]