Jonathan Mast wrote:
I have a project the someone else wrote and that I can't get to work.

It uses a rather large library of classes that are not apparently getting
loaded by the provided __autoload() function.

I'm not very well versed in PHP and one of the first things I did was see if
in fact the __autoload function was being called.  I place some print
statements in it and got no result.  But I don't know if that is because it
is not really calling that function or perhaps the print outs are out of
scope and won't be catched by the browser, I don't know.

thanks,

PHP: 5.1
TOMCAT: 5.5
Windows XP

Hi Jonathan,

Almost certainly the __autoload function is not being called by the parent script. Make sure the parent script that is being run (based on the URL in your browser) did an "include" or "require" against the script containing the autoload function definition. Also make sure the path used for it is correct. It's really hard to say without looking at the code and filesystem.

Just for kicks I made a test case to see if print works from inside the __autoload function, and it did.

Regards,
Carlton Whitehead