Hello,

First let me say its good to have this list back up and running - and now
time for the questions to keep rolling in.

I've got an email form setup on a site (well actually many of them) to
collect basic information from people which will eventually be entered into
our local database and even more eventually be placed online ...

My forms work, they send the information fine ... my only complaint is that
when you view the message in any email program, it comes from
"Underprivileged User" with nobody@hosting company name here.com

I'd like to be able to change that to ... well anything other than
Underprivileged User - for now its not the end of the world, only a few
people are receiving this message, and all are internal working on the
site.  What I'd like to be able to do is have the script send a message to
the individuals who entered the information as a confirmation that we
received their message.

Here is a sample of the script I'm using:

<?
        $toaddress = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
        $subject = "Business/Organization Form";
        $mailcontent = "Business/Organization Name: ".$bname."\n"
                                ."First Name: ".$fname."\n"
                                ."Last Name: ".$lname."\n"
                                ."Phone: (".$ACphone.") ".$phone."\n"
                                ."Fax: (".$ACfax.") ".$fax."\n"
                                ."Cell: (".$ACcell." ".$cell."\n"
                                ."Email Address: ".$email."\n"
                                ."Website URL: ".$url."\n"
                                ."Street: ".$street."\n"
                                ."City: ".$city."\n"
                                ."State/Province: ".$state."\n"
                                ."Country: ".$country."\n"
                                ."P.O. Box: ".$pobox."\n"
                                ."Postal/ZIP Code: ".$zip."\n"
                                ."Category: ".$category."\n"
                                ."Sub-Category: ".$subcategory."\n"
                                ."Brief Description of Business/Organization:
".$description."\n"
                                ."Do you have a logo you'd like included: ".$logo."\n"
                                ."Any additional comments: ".$comments."\n";

        $fromaddress = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";

        mail($toaddress, $subject, $mailcontent, $fromaddress);
?>

I've spoken to the hosting company, they say they will not provide any
assistance to PHP script related problems.  They are running on Solaris
servers with PHP 3.0.16.

Thanks
-Tim