To: <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 11:51 PM
Subject: [PHP] function returns no value

Hello,

with the following call I try to print a string out of DB

echo $allg->translate($db, $lang, 14, "auth/authCallback", 4);

function translate () should do a DB querry and returns the requested string. Although the querry yields a positive result, the function returns no value.

Here is the function:

function translate ($db, $lang, $MaiKey, $page, $pid) {

$statement = "SELECT fa FROM language WHERE MaiKey='$MaiKey' AND page='$page' AND pid='$pid'";

 $result = $db->Execute($statement);

 if ($result=== false) die();

 return $result->fields[0];
}

Could anybody see what is going wrong here?

I appreciate any hint.

Ali