A lot of people think that

Can't fault them.

> until their host upgrades php.

Any host that upgrades the PHP version (a major upgrade considering it would be 5 - 6) without notifying Customers isn't a very good hosting company, and you really should change to a better one (Rackspace are good). Even 1and1 don't do that and they're pants (IMO).

Plus you need to consider how long they would take to use PHP6 exclusively - my guess it would be at least a year; probably longer.

> Have you
seen how many things are being removed for php6?

Nope. Why? It's not even out yet in beta and therefore not worth my time considering. ISTR having read something about a 5.3 release, which I read would have namespaces. That needs consideration before any PHP6 release.

--
Richard Heyes