On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 3:11 PM, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 8:59 AM -0700 6/19/08, R.C. wrote:
>>
>> Tedd,
>>
>> thank you for your input but it's the site client who wants the user to
>> input this ONE password either upper or lower case...it's for accessing a
>> protected page... nothing major.
>
> Nothing major until it is.
>
> As for the client, I always said "Everyone has the right to be wrong".
>
> Ask the client this -- if two users have "Cat" and "cAt" for their
> passwords, what do you think the client's lability would be for changing
> them both to be identical when neither user approved?
>
> As I get older, I think about how to avoid lability more.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd

I could be wrong, but I didn't see anything about a username. It
sounds to me more like it is a single password shared with all the
people who should have access to a specific, non-personalized area of
the site. It certainly wouldn't be my preferred way to set up
security, but depending on the level of risk involved it may be
sufficient.

Andrew