Hi,

I am in a middle of the process of chosing which DB
will be used for future projects.  I've been using
Mysql for almost 5 years (coupled with php of course)
but it seems to have reached it's limits (actually the
lack of some features).

The other options include some traditional comercial
dbs and postgresql.  I am about to choose postgresql
because it seems to support the features I need
(foreign key, transaction, triggers, stored
procedures) and is open source with active
development.

Even tough I'd like to receive (perhaps in private)
personal thought about this decision I would not like
to start a war...so my focus here is : which db
abstraction layer is ready for use ? disavantages ?

I am considering : Manuel Lemos' Metabase, Phplib and
Pear.

So far I've played a little bit with pear, and read
about metabase and phplib with no real experience in
both.

The ideia is to start using it right away so the
adption of other DB would be painless (almost).

Thanks,
RT