On 7/17/08, Stut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 17 Jul 2008, at 14:10, tedd wrote:
>
>> At 10:28 PM +0100 7/16/08, Stut wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, and you'd be working for me so bear that in mind ;)
>>>
>>> -Stut
>>>

>> It's no wonder why you haven't found anyone.  :-)
>>

> Thanks for that tedd.
>
> Seriously though, I'm wondering if my expectations are too high... I expect
> them to know that addslashes is not adequate protection against SQL
> injection. I even had one tell me "SQL injection? I can't remember but I'm
> sure I've used it before". And I won't even go into the guy who asserted
> that he's always worked with DB administrators who've dealt with security
> issues so he'd never needed to learn about it.
>
> Am I expecting too much?!?
>
> -Stut

Surely you're being rhetorical, Stut, but no, you're not expecting too much.
However the guy(s) who worked in a larger organization likely did have a
very clear delineation of roles and responsibilities, as I am experiencing
in a new position, and therefore may not be current on best practices in
areas outside of their role. When my group leader instituted the current
policy regarding job functions, a number of the open source guys decided
their unused skills were eroding and/or they were not being exposed to new
learning, and they left the company.

--David.