On 8/8/2008 3:59 AM India Time, _Micah Gersten_ wrote:

You can't steal it, but you can't do anything with it either, so what's
the point of having it?

They are getting it printed and processing the printed hard copy further. That's all.

They even have full fledged working programs (say, in good old foxpro) to keep track of a clients work progress, next action date, reminders, track of payment from the clients, to the agents who get the work done, so on.

I mean it is a complete working system as it was in 80s.

Thank you,
Micah Gersten
onShore Networks
Internal Developer
http://www.onshore.com

V S Rawat wrote:
I was surprised to see some very busy and well to do Chartered
Accountants, Company Secretaries still using those 8086 pcs with
Wordstar and lotus that were there on mid 80s.

They say these are no more available so data in these pcs and these
formats are much more safer than that on a latest machine/ software.