At 9:07 PM +0200 8/11/08, Per Jessen wrote:
Asher Snyder wrote:

 1). "PHP by itself cannot access the local file system"  <-- true.

 2) "... there is NO way for PHP to access anything on the client."
 <-- not true.

 Statement 2 _is_ 100% true.  Sorry, end of discussion for my part.

 Technically statement 2 is not true, a PHP framework/platform such as
 NOLOH (http://www.noloh.com), allows you to access all client
 properties seamlessly and transparently from PHP,

Seeing as PHP is SO incredibly powerful on the client side, surely we
should have had an option to disable PHP in the browser long ago?
I know I would want one.  I'll have to mention it to the Mozilla
people - I'm sure they'll appreciate a good, uh .. hysterical laugh.

And _that_ was my absolutely final posting on this topic.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

You obviously don't understand.

Cheers,

tedd