On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 23:23 -0500, Micah Gersten wrote:
> Robert, when you do yours, it's performing the same function on two
> different variable types and has to do a conversion before the function
> works.  He was doing a numeric function on a string which might be
> giving the funky results.

That's what Jim tried and got 0 and double... I confirmed Jim's results
(I didn't originally test Jay's problem) and then tried the alternative
that I might have thought this morning. Either way, it seems to come up
as 0. Maybe Jay is running a buggy version of PHP.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com