> Does your script, the apache conf, virtual host conf, or a .htaccess
> conf modify this setting? perhaps php.ini has more than one
> display_errors entries?
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.

PROGRESS!  It just clicked!

About 3 years ago when I setup my first PHP server on Windows I saw someone
mention that certain versions of ntwdblib.dll were causing all kinds of
problems.

I copied the ntwdblib.dll from one of my current servers and now I am at
least getting the connection errors!  YAY!

So now my connection error is probably in my ODBC mapping.

But I still need to figure out why AUTH_USER is still "No Value"