The Mac isn't really 64-bit. They do an interesting hybrid model in
order to say it in marketing. But they won't have a real such version
until the next major release of MacOS X. That is why the next version
of Adobe Photoshop, etc., won't be 64bit on the Mac when Adobe
Creative Suite 4 comes out.

Ref:
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/04/03/adobe_64_bit_mac_creative_suite_apps_wont_happen_till_v5_0.html