-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri 9/5/2008 3:23 PM
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] Sending username/password

Wolf wrote:
> Jay Moore wrote:
>> Greetings list!
>>
>> Is it possible (and if so, how) to send username and password
>> information to a website with PHP?
>>

> In one word...
>
> CURL

A couple of people have responded (to me; not the list) with that very
same response.  I've heard of it, but never used it before.  Care to
give me the 30 second rundown [I can read the site, sure, but it's
probably easier if you explained it :) ]?  Is it like a glorified socket
connection or something?

Jay

Seriously... you should just read the site. It's a library that mimics browser
behavior. It will follow "Location:" headers, push POST variables, etc. Why not
just give the page a glance?

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/intro.curl.php

-Todd