Hi. Need help badly.

I've been trying in vain to get PHP 4.0.5 working with Apache 1.3.20.
Red Hat 7.0

I've added the lines:
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
to my httpd.conf file

and :
    application/x-httpd-php  php phtml pht
to mime.types

I even tried the LoadModule trick, but since I didn't compile as a
module, that just gave me an error when I restarted the  server.

I'm new to Apache and PHP set up so I'm probably missing something
obvious. And I've RTFM and archives and books and everything I can find,

but still no luck.

TIA for any suggestions.

Brent