On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:52, Scott Guthrie wrote:
> I have a navigation section that needs to go to up to 10 pages based on
> which 'button' a user clicks on.  It also has to send the form contents
> to the next page, so it has to be a 'submit'.   This works for
> non-image submit buttons, because the 'name'  and 'Value' tags on the
> submit tag works for them, but the 'value' component isn't supported
> for <input type="image" ...>

However, when you click an image submit, the x and y coords of the mouse
are passed as name_x and name_y (where name is the name you have assigned
to the INPUT tag); so you can test for the presence of one of those
values and branch accordingly. Slightly more convoluted than a 'text'
submit, but you don't need to rely on client side :-)

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   All E-mail gladly received. Offensive reply ASAP.