On 19 Sep 2008, at 19:50, Robert Cummings wrote:
On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 19:32 +0100, Stut wrote:
Anyways, where can I get a coder badge, they sound cool!! ;)

I just draw one with a pen on my chest to show interviewers. So far it
really hasn't worked out well but I've narrowed the problem down to the
following four possibilities:

   1. they don't like to see my pudgy body when I take my shirt off
      to show it off

I'll take your word for that!

   2. they're blinded by the light... my glowing white northern
      European complexion exacerbated by flourescent office lighting

Yeah, I'm gonna ignore that one too.

   3. they're not impressed enough with my ball point pen artwork

Possible. I've always found it difficult to draw on myself in the mirror.

   4. lack of industry adoption

This one sounds like a winner. In my experience employers don't assign any importance to non-standard qualifications, even if they are hand- drawn badges.

So far I'm leaning towards a combination of 1 and 2 ;)

Yeah, probably 1 more than 2.

This makes me wonder if there really are any idiots out there who've had the PHP logo tattooed somewhere on their person. Scary thought.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/