Actually, I think the author meant that you already read through those books
and learned those terms,
rather than mean that you are cheating on the test.

As the author recommended you read the books listed below if you are not an
expert yet.

Those recommended books are also added on the interpretation page for your
reference.

--
With best regards,
Shelley Shyan