<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    <!-- SNIP -->
     > yes, flex is "flash for developers"; the main language is AS3 and it
     > outputs swf's; flex is basically a program which allows you to
    use mix
     > of pre-made ui elements & classes, css and AS3 to quickly make
    great RIA's.

    Yup, but you have to have flash enabled.  But some of us don't
    except for specific sites due to ads being swfs as well.

    Wolf

Alain Roger wrote:
> And AFAIK it does not work on linux platform

development wise adobe flex 3 SDK works on linux; afaik flex builder (the wysiwyg ide for eclipse) doesn't yet.

clientside (the apps you develop) work anywhere flash player 9 does.

a great reason to "get in to" flex now is that flex 4 will also be supporting most of the major smartphones so you're app's will work virtually everywhere (and look nicer + dev time wayyyyyyy down).

can you tell I like it? (+it's got native E4X support)

--
nathan ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
{