On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2008, at 6:58 PM, Stut wrote:
>
>> On 23 Oct 2008, at 02:41, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually i am ending the row headers with a chr(10); // LINE FEED
>>
>> From the code you included in your original post...
>>
>>> echo "/n";
>>

>> There was no mention of chr(10).
>>
>> Outputting data in CSV format is not hard. Simply echo the header row if
>> necessary, followed by "\n". Then output each line taking care to put string
>> values in quotes which means you also need to escape quotes in the data.
>> After each line echo "\n". That's really all there is to it.
>>
>> If you're still having problems I suggest you post the exact code you're
>> using, anything else just makes it harder for us to provide effective help.
>>
>> -Stut

> Oh, I am not putting quotes around each field that i get from MySQL. There
> are no quotes in the data so that is good.
>
> Sorry I put "/n" and I meant to put chr(10).
>
> -Jason

Jason, one of the points that Stut was trying to explain is that "\n"
and chr(10) are the same thing. They are just two different ways to
refer to a newline (line feed) character. Most of us probably use "\n"
rather than chr(10) in PHP, though. So, the following two lines are
equivalent:

<?php
echo "Item1, Item2, Item3" . chr(10);

// Note this uses double quotes.
echo "Item1, Item2, Item3\n";

// It won't be the same at all if you use single quotes
echo 'Item1, Item2, Item3\n';

?>

At any rate, you are correct that you need a line feed/newline
character at the end of every row in CSV including the header row.

Andrew