On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Stut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 20 Nov 2008, at 19:35, Eric Butera wrote:
>>
>> Well I wouldn't put objects into the session to begin with.
>
> Why not? I do it all the time and it works fine.
>
>> I was
>> just talking about this specific case.  Wouldn't autoload be fine if
>> the file was already in the opcode cache?
>
> Opcode caches work during the compilation phase, so any dynamic loading such
> as that provided by autoloaders cannot be optimised. This has been discussed
> in the past on this list, check the archives for more details.
>
> -Stut
>
> --
> http://stut.net/

http://till.vox.com/library/post/zendframework-performance.html?_c=feed-rss-full

Item #3: Get rid off require_once, use __autoload (and the Zend_Loader)

It just lead me to believe that after autoload found a class it
somehow cached the code for it.  I'll look into this when I get some
free time for testing.