On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 09:23 -0500, tedd wrote:
> Hi gang:
>
> What methodology would be the best for online voting?
>
> I have a client who is a Union and they want members to vote online,
> but don't want someone to stuff the voting box.
>
> I have some ideas of my own, but would like to hear what you people
> would recommend.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd
>
> --
> -------
> http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com  http://earthstones.com

I did something similar at work. Basically, the URL to the voting system
was sent out automatically to a list of email addresses. When the user
fills in the form, the address is marked off as used. One requirement
was that the form be completely anonymous, so the results were stored
with no link back to the user who made them. Also, only add the voting
results if the users email address has not already been used.

If you're really worried, use SSL to protect it from interference.

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk