On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 9:59 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The one thing that's always tripped me up with ASP sites is that you have to
> add EVERY input, even the type="submit" with the correct value from the one
> and only submit button on the page.

Again, I think that's the ASP.NET part.

> Not sure what the ASP code monkeys are doing with their point-and-click UI,
> but I presume it's just a boilerplate operation that needs the submit input
> just in case they add a second button some day.

I've had the same problem with Zend_Form, honestly.

> The variable names shouldn't need URLencoding in any proper webapp, but try
> it and see.

Well, they either need to contain valid URL characters or they need to
be encoded. If you have a variable name that contains an equal sign
(crazy, but can be technically valid since names are just strings --
to me it seems little less crazy than including square brackets in a
variable name in HTML) it will have to be escaped.

> Use Firefox LiveHTTPHeaders to see what goes back-n-forth on a real working
> exchange as well.

I agree. It's definitely a lifesaver. FWIW, there is a similar tool
for IE too, if you ever find yourself stuck for one of those lovely
cases where the site works fine in Firefox but not in IE.

Andrew