-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Kirk

I've got an Apache 2.2.3 server running PHP 5.2.6 on top of FreeBSD
6.2. It's worked quite well for over a year now. However, as of some
time last night, phpBB broke; upon investigation, I realized that the
problem was that $_POST was never getting populated, even on properly
formed HTML forms.

Testing this to try to find the issue, I used the following script:

<?php
  print "Testvar: " . $_POST['testvar'] . "<br/>\n";
?>

<form method="POST" action=http://www.newmars.com/test.php
name=formname enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type=text name=testvar><br/>
<input type=submit value=Submit><br/>
</form>

It works like a charm on a different machine with an essentially
identical config (it's a newer version of FreeBSD, but that's about
it); however, it never displays the contents of $_POST['testvar'] on
the machine that suddenly quit functioning right last night.

Meanwhile, the rest of PHP seems to be working fine, as the phpBB
forum is accessible in a read-only fashion.

I've searched all over, and done things like restarting Apache;
checking phpinfo() for the POST data (it's not there on the broken
server, but it is on the functional one); writting a quick Perl script
that took POST input to verify that my browser was sending such data
properly (it is); and scouring the Apache/PHP error logs. The worst
part is, I didn't touch the config at all between when it worked and
when it didn't. So now I'm at a total loss as to what could be causing
this, or how I should go about troubleshooting...

Did you check the apache logs or the php error logs?

How about disk space on the server location where it is storing it's temp files
for the server?

I've seen something similar when disk space was nil after some scripts ran
amok.

HTH,
Wolf