On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 21:29 -0500, Rob Gould wrote:
> If I have a php script on my own server, can it be used to snatch a JPEG
> image off of another server on a different domain and upload it to my server?
>  For example, could I provide an URL to an image on another server and a path
> on my own server in which to place it?  I know in the world of Ajax, I could
> run into cross-domain security issues, but I'm wondering if I can get around
> that with PHP.

Yes, this can be done quite easily.

<?php

    $content = file_get_contents( 'http://www.foo.com/images/foo.png' );
    file_put_contents( '/tmp/foo.png', $content );

?>

You will need fopen wrappers enabled for this to work. Either way, there
are other ways to skin the cat if fopen wrappers cannot be enabled.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com