Hi,

I don't know if it's Firebird or PHP question.

I want to use remote administration on one of my pages, at least do a backup for a Firebird database. Because the database file is located on a different intranet machine, I have to use service manager to do backup.
So I tried:

$svc_mgr = ibase_service_attach(FBSERVER, FBUSER, FBPASS);
if ($svc_mgr)
{
$bkp = ibase_backup($svc_mgr, $source_db, $dest_file, IBASE_BKP_NO_GARBAGE_COLLECT, true);
}

ibase_service_detach($svc_mgr);

The bad thing: if I include "server:" in $source_db string, it gives me an "unkown ISC 0 error". When I simply put the database alias in $source_db, it freezes the whole apache, but at least it starts the backup... Then, when I turn off verbose, it does nothing at all, but gives back a "true" value.

So I think the closest solution is the second one, but does anybody have any idea why it shuts down apache? And what can I do to prevent this?

I use Firebird 2.1, PHP 5.2.8 and Apache 2.2.3 on WinXP (as a development environment)

Thanks,
SanTa