Rasmus,

When I try it with the MySQL handler you provided everything goes well -- no
errors. I guess I was hoping that the problem was with some php.ini setting
or something and not with Metabase as I'm dreading going into all code but
alas, I guess I must.

Do you have any idea what sort of database query could cause a memory leak
like that? Could it have anything to do with the serialized data being
written to the database having a '|' character and that character somehow
being interpretted as a concatenation character in a Metabase function?

I'm going to look into this and let you know if I find a solution (I really
hope I do as my thesis pretty much depends on it!)

Thanks again for all your help,

Aral :)

([EMAIL PROTECTED])
    New Media Producer, Kismia, Inc.