On 01/07/2001 02:49, Jack wrote:
>hi everyone,
>  Does anyone know the best way to secure php source code so it is not
>group/world readable?
>I can read other users' php source code by writing a simple php script.
>I do not prefer to run php as cgi because all user's php file need to
>add the header
>#/usr/bin/php again.

there are two patches that i know, one for suexec and one for cgiwrap,
that allows you to run php scripts as cgi without having to chmod 755
or add a shebang line. i have used them both (well, i wrote the first
one, but now i use the cgiwrap one) and it seems to be running okay.
no guarantees though.

for suexec:

for cgiwrap:

http://w3.man.torun.pl/~makler/patches/cgiwrap/