Christopher W schrieb:
Mr. Kubler,

Thank you for the help. I have to admit, I am still in over my head, I think. Perhaps I should just stick to static pages...

Anyway what I was attempting to do, in the full picture, was be able to just switch the text in the text area without actually changing pages. For example, if the user clicks "About Us" (from the home page)the page doesn't change, just the text (in the area I designated for text).

Since I have never used php before (but have read some online and in books)
what I was trying was:

if ($page == "home") {echo $home_text;}
elseif ($page == "about") {echo $about_text;}
else {echo $error_text;}

My problem is that I can't figure out how to get the link-click to assign the value to the variable. I didn't try any php for that end because I really didn't know where to begin. Perhaps I am just going about this the wrong way but from the extremely little I have learned about php, I thought that I could do it this way easily.

Thanks for the replies and the help.  I truly appreciate it.

Hi Christopher,
please buy a PHP Book. Read it and if you have any questions come back.

Regards

Carlos Medina